Saturday, September 5, 2009

Socializing

I've been invited to dinner at the home of some people I don't know well but would like to know better. I'm trying to think of the things I need to keep in mind:

- Stop drinking early so I can drive home; I really don't want to overdrink and have to spend the night.
- Remember that years of depression gave me a sense of humor; I can be very funny, and it isn't necessary to try too hard.
- If I pitch my voice low and speak a little more slowly than usual, my tongue won't (I hope) outrun my brain.

As usual, not knowing what to take with me, I'm taking too much -craft root beer and ginger ale, chips and salsa, and a key lime pie I couldn't resist at the store.

I haven't written as much lately because I've been working on two goals: trying to shut the work project off when I leave the office (I've watched several movies this week), and trying to get through "Anna Karenina." Forty-five pages left; maybe I can do it before I leave for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, you and I have similar issues about socializing - and you're probably doing better than I am with this ..... the reasons may not be the same, but the results were apparently similar.

    Just want you to know I'm thinking about you - and that I'm loving reading your blog. You sure make a lot of sense to me, and I love your style of writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, ma'am, and I have to tell you I love seeing your comments - it's the only way I know that I'm not the only one reading this!

    ReplyDelete